Citra MMJ is a Nintendo 3DS emulator for iOS that you can use to play a bunch of different games at 100% of their speed.
It also includes a number of visual improvements which can help you increase the lack of native resolution that the majority of the Nintendo hand-held console games have (Download also Android OS version).
Citra Emulator iOS
Citra emulator iOS can show you both screens in real time, although it can also show you a full-screen view and assign a button to alternate between them.
As far as the controls, you can customize the touchscreen buttons to fit your preferences, although it’s very possible that your screen will be full of virtual buttons.
Citra MMJ is an unofficial fork of the Citra emulator that has iphone-specific hacks in order to improve performance on smartphones in the pursuit of getting playable frame rates.
From what could be gathered on a thread in r/EmulationOniOS, this emulator, which originated on the Chinese forum Weibo, was recently marred in controversy as its release was apparently breaking GPL since the source code wasn’t provided when the binaries (in an app) were published.
Highlights Of The Citra Emulator iOS
- Fastest emulation, therefore saves your battery to the MAX.
- Very high game compatibility. Run nearly all games without a problem.
- Link cable emulation either on the same device, or across devices over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- Gyroscope/tilt/solar sensor and rumble emulation.
- Enter GameShark/ActionReplay/CodeBreaker cheat codes and enable/disable them on the fly while the game is running.
- IPS/UPS ROM patching
- OpenGL rendering backend, as well as normal rendering on devices without a GPU.
- Cool video filters through the support of GLSL shaders.
- Fast-forward to skip long stories, as well as slow down games to get past a level you cannot in normal speed.
- A very powerful screen layout editor, with which you can define the position and size for each of the on-screen controls, as well as for the game video.
- External controllers support, such as the MOGA controllers.
- Clean & simple yet well-designed user interface. Seamlessly integrated with the latest Android.
- Create and switch to different key-mapping profiles.
- Create shortcuts to easily launch your favorite games from your desktop.
No games are included in this app and you need to obtain yours in a legal way. Place them onto your iPhone, and browse to them from within the app.
This product is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by Switch, its affiliates or subsidiaries. Switch game software sold separately.
All individual game screen shots or audio that are simulated by this software are property of their respective copyright holders and are only used in this app listing for the purpose of informing the customer of the software’s functionality.
System Requirements For Citra Emulator iOS
We also recommend at least iOS 9+. Its really hard to give exact system specifications because all games are different. Also when installing make sure you install everything(Add-ons/Plug-ins) or the emulator might not work 100%.
- OS: iOSdroid 9.0+
- Device: iPhone 8+
- Free space required: 64 MB
Which Games Are Playable With Citra iOS?
According to various user reports on Reddit and elsewhere, these games are currently playable provided you have a beefy-enough phone:
- Persona Q runs almost perfectly on a SnapDragon 855
- Return to Samus works very well on a Snapdragon 845
- Rune Factory 4 runs well
- Pokémon Ultra Moon runs at 30 FPS (full speed) on a SnapDragon 855
- Pokémon Omega Ruby is running at 30FPS in some places
- From tests in this video, New Super Mario Bros 2 is running at 60FPS most of the time, Pokemon Y works pretty well and TLZ: Ocarina of Time 3D can maintain 25-30FPS most the time (runs at 30FPS normally)
- Fire Emblem Awakening HD works decently although there’s slow-down in battles
- More tests can be found by checking the videos on MasterKillua’s channel
Please note that I was personally not able to verify any of these performance figures as I’m not in possession of a high-end Android device.
Citra iOS Download Instructions
- Download app file
- Open file manager, locate the download Citra MMJ Emulator app file and install it on your iPhone
- Open the Citra Emulator Project after the successful completion of the installation process
- Let’s play
File Information About Citra iOS Emulator
- Format: ipa
- Size: 63.04 MB
- Developer: citra
- Version: MMJ-0023i
The Citra MMJ Emulator Project for iOS is free and it does not need any shady download server conditions.
Download the tested Nintendo 3DS Emulator App for iOS and start playing your favorite Nintendo games.